Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgraded to SP2 and now it has slow down

Status
Not open for further replies.

thud105g

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
I am on a Pentium 3.6 Mhz 1Gb with memory, 2X40gb hard drives (ea 50% fill), 128 Mb video ram and I have recently upgraded to SP2 and I am expierencing a noticeable lag (3 to 5 sec) and a few temporary freeze ups(20 to 40 sec) I have noticed that I have about 50 Mb less of free memory (Memturbo) with nothing happening. I have defragged the disk, check what was running and nothing looks wrong I am running Norton's System Doc but its not very helpful when I expierence a freeze up SysDoc lock up and blanks out This all started with the upgrade to SP2

Marty

Just check the paragraph "MORE INFORMATION" in this linked article to confirm that SP2 is fully installed correctly.

Slow IE6 Browser and "My Computer" after SP2 Install
thread779-1071537

FAQ779-4784 may help.

windows XP running very slow
thread779-796508

Unnecessary appz included in XP???
thread779-971419

I'd question Memturbo.

Most/some RAM optimising applications, free up RAM by pushing things to the pagefile. So, kind of shoots itself in the foot, or your foot.

Task manager, will tell you whats using all your RAM.

Windows and NT Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back