Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgraded to 6.5, jnbSA not playing nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherAlan

Technical User
Feb 10, 2006
GB
Hi All,

NBU 6.0 to 6.5
Solaris 10

Well as the subject suggests the upgrade was smooth, much better than from 5.1 to 6.0 I may add, but....
when I run up jnbSA it decides that my root password is incorrect. It isn't, on this occasion I am right and NBU is wrong.
I've added a user to the auth.conf and given myself full rights to be able to continue testing, but has anyone else experienced this with the upgrade.

It's a little disconcerting and quite frankly annoying, which I think is what Netbackup tranlsates to in Latin...

Veritas Netbackup = Truly Annoying.

Al

Al,

I've never come across this before. Did you upgrade the NB_JAVA to 6.5 too?
Do you use VxSS?
Have you tried setting the auth.conf back to what it was prior to the upgrade?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply OzzMosiz.
I believe I upgraded everything. I just used the usual scripts to do the job.
The auth.conf file lists root ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL as previously.
VxSS is not something we use for our NBU environment. I've never really took the time to look at it properly to be honest.
Not sure what is going on here but it's not a big issue.
Probably a good thing actually, so now I have to create specific users rather than just blasting away as root.
I haven't encountered any issues yet...about to go to 6.5.3 though so we will see then.

Cheers
Al

OK, hands up...my mistake.
I've only just realised that the problem is due to the keyboard configuration when opening the jnbSA via an exceed session. Therefore some characters are in different places on the keyboard.

I'm sorry NBU, you are in fact correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back