Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgraded to 3.1.48 - problems with Queuing & held calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITfromZX81

Programmer
May 18, 2004
CA
Hi all,

I just upgraded from 3.0(40) to 3.1(48).

We have noticed an issue with Queueing - if a call comes in and the receptionist puts them on hold, the next call cannot be answered until the first call is finished(transferred, hung up, etc.) If it is still on hold the second call never comes in.

Before this if the first call was put on hold the second call would start ringing immediiately.

I can't find a cause for this. Any ideas?

Thanks,

ITfromZX81

Make sure call waiting is turned on both the station and the hunt group.

Thanks, I will try that.

I have some more issues...

Manager doesn't seem to be handling tftp requests anymore.
(I had to use tftpserver2000 to get any tftp requests from phones to work correctly).

Any calls from a branch office(we are on SCN) to our main office don't work the first time - the caller has to call twice - the second time it works fine. All branch offices are currently running 3.0(48).

Will reverting to 3.0(69) hurt anything because this 3.1(48) seems to be buggy...

turning on call waiting on the extension and the hunt group didn't work.

I also rebooted the ipo and the tftp server just in case. No go.

ITfromZX81

For the branch office SCN problem, check your VPN configs, it connects the second time as the tunnel has come up in the mean time. If you can change the time out on it dropping. To check this theory out run a ping -t over the VPN to keep it up then try dialing.

Hi GWeeble,

I was wondering about that, but the problem only started after the upgrade to 3.1(48). We have never had this issue before.

Based on past experience, wonky things seem to happen if one office has a different enough version than another office. I usually upgrade one office at a time but this isn't working well for 3.1.

I downgraded to 3.0(40) and then upgraded to 3.0(69) to address some minor bugs. Hopefully this version will work well for us.

Thanks for all your help. I think I will wait a few months before going to 3.1.

Hi again guys,

I am now at 3.0(69) in the main office. I now have the same two major issues:

1. If the receptionist has a call on hold, she cannot answer any other calls.

2. If a caller from a branch office calls in, they have to call a main office extension twice to get through.

Argh!

I went back to 3.0(40) and all the problems went away(except for the minor bugs in 3.0(40).

Is anyone else having issues with 3.0(69)?

Thanks,

For point 1 check your busy on hold settings.

Personaly I would recommend park instead of hold if a receptionist wants to take another call in the middle of dealing with the 1st

Point 2, I have to go with the network dropping suggestion.

TFTP server, check that the manager preferences are set to 255.255.255.255 (file/preferences/edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back