Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgraded Postfix - Lost unaliased target email addy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPeteH

Technical User
Jan 21, 2004
US
Hi,
My first post on this TekTips forum...

We've been running an old, stable copy of Postfix for a very long time (11 years == 96000 hours on the hard drive with no hiccups!) but it is time to move into the present ;)

Upgrading to the current postfix (on a completely new machine and OS) has mostly gone quite smoothly. For the most part, I was able to re-use all of our existing setups, while merging in certain new settings. But we have run into two challenges.

The first one: on our old setup, received email showed up in mailboxes with two headers (Delivered-To: and X-Original-To:) containing the un-aliased destination address, eg "pete-might-be-spammy@myorg.com" instead of my actual mail box of "pete-mailbox@myorg.com"

Now, Delivered-To always contains the final mailbox address... and X-Original-To: usually is not present... and thus it is quite difficult to have filters based on the unaliased address!

I've been searching the documentation and have not found a workable clue on this.

By the way, the delivery subsystem before involved postfix+procmail, now it is postfix+procmail+dovecot.

Any ideas how to diagnose and/or fix this?

THANKS!!!

If I am not mistaken, X-<some-tag-here> is inserted by your content filtering system. In this case, that is procmail. To me the description looks like there is a setting where if the email doesn't score above a certain point that informational headers are not inserted. Consequently, I would look in the configuration for procmail.

Not all X-* are filtering. X-Original-To is from Postfix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back