Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgraded nortel mics from 7.0 7.1xc using software and nvramr2 from another system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacktel

Programmer
Aug 18, 2006
US
Nortel upgrade
to7.1xc software,dvram r2,combo card, 2 016mods. , After upgrade new mods accepted phones and working. No in or outbound calls on pri. Found my route settings had changed and now can call out, but no inbound calls. Have pri cheat sheet from this site,also nortel programing sheet. stumped. Jacktel

Just a quick thought but disable PRI card and then re-enable in Hardware.

Double check:
Target Line Received Digits and Received Number Length match.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Curlycord
Tried that no joy can i ask about carrier codes in programing? what should they be? nothing in original carrier order sheet or in cheat sheet. Programing-,access codes,- carrier codes?

Update on post
Have meeting with carrier tech in Am but don't belive its their problem, still worried by route setting changes when moving from 7.0 fc to 7/1 xc software, except for standard settings for pri, I think im overlooking something basic. Received digits are 4 and target line id matches.I
will check alarm and event codes in Am,to many to list here as changes were made 1 by1 and returned to original setting ,have erased all codes to start fresh.
Jacktel

Jacktel
t-i PRI fine tech from lec verified, drove an hour to site for 8:00AM meet and he showed up at 10:30, Changed DTI card and still have same issue. Will go back again and replace Dvram card with same software tomorrow PM and se if there is some glitch from download. this particular upgrade is first problem one with Nortel Eq. I've ever had in 35 years doing installs.

Jacktel
Back at clients 5:00PM. Feeling my age on this job Curlycord but still to mule headed to throw in towel.Understand about used NVRAM but except for XC software on EQ. Whole system parts pulled from same clients other office same setup, same circuit type and switch,and same carrier. Anyway decided to shutdown system and change NVRAM with a r3 one and restart,system would not boot so shut down and put original NVRAM in with same r7.1 xc software rebooted and after coming back up defaulted, entered PRI lic. code and did restore. Restore went fine and now needed to have Lec remove all trunk forwarding to analog fail over lines so i could check if DID calls would inbound properly. Customer service could not verify me as authorized so would not remove forward for test LOL. Done for the night. Still not sure if problem with original boot up or if corrupted software backed up. Calling Lec in a couple of min. for test. Curlycord will use your go to guy for remote access if needed thanks.

Update
Used a nortel pro recommended by Curlycord ,MYSUPPORTGUY.net and he had me disable DTI and reset slot as another type of card, wait and then reset slot back to DTI and program again. That did it. in early posts you will have seen that I defaulted system and also replaced DTI, So I never would have tried this as I have never had to do it before.
Thanks all
Jacktel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back