Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrade zw4 to zw7

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfdk2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2006
US
on a NW 6 server trying to upgrade from zenworks 4 for desktops to Zenworks 7 - after completeing the install I receive the follwoing message
AppMgmt\public Components NOT successfully installed on SJA_LIBRARY at E:
Error: There was an error installing ZENworks Desktop Management on SJA_LIBRARY. Error: An error occured during file copy or configuration. See above for more details and be sure that no ZENworks Desktop Management files are open or locked.

research shows it could be ann open or locked but I have disabled logins and cleared all connectins. I don't understand the E: as that is a local CD drive on the workstation.

any thoughts?

do you have file caching on the client
it may be yourself that is locking it

i tend to find an xp pc with latest client is best for this

thanks - I do not have file caching on and I am using xp with the latest client - I have disabled logins to avoid any open files -

no need to disable logins

if it is yourself that is locking th file then disabling logins will not matter as you still need to be logged in

have a look at monitor when you are doing it - you will see yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back