Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade win 2000 to winXP with delphi 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

awarnica

Programmer
Jan 16, 2003
CA
Hi all,

Hoping someone smart out there can give me a little bit of advice:

I use Delphi 5 (on my win2000 computer), and have for the past 2 years. I also use Delphi 6, but have a custom compnent that I cannot seem to get installed in Delphi 6, only in Delphi 5.
The component is used in a relatively simple windows based application that I have to support, thus I continue to use D5.

I have *finally* been selected to receive an upgraded computer and have been told that the OS will more than likely be winXP. I want to verify that running D5 on winXP will work fine, ie that D5 will work fine under winXP.

I have to continue support of the old application, so I have to use D5.

Is there any worry of problems by upgrading my OS? Will D5 work the same as it does?

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but I'm just trying to be thorough on this one.

Thanks to all!

Andrew

I use Delphi5 on Windows XP and continue to experience zero compatability problems since upgrading from 2000 myself. You may find that some third party components perhaps have an issue with WinXP, but I have yet to come across this and remain confident that their creators would have remedied the problems by now anyway!

Arte Et Labore

I use both Delphi 5 and Delphi 7 on my Windows XP (Home Edition) PC. I have experienced no problems with either.

However, I suggest you ask to keep your old computer - it's unlikely to be worth much and if you did have a problem ...

Andrew

I recently upgraded my PC from W2K to Win XP. After upgraded, I cannot trace through the program anymore in Delphi5. It used to be no problem in W2K PC.

Is anyone encounter this problem before?
Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Fam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back