Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to Solaris 8 - network card no longer supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob2001

Programmer
May 22, 2001
GB
I've been running Solaris 7 (Intel) for a while now in a networked environment - the network card was a NE2000 compatible ISA card. I've recently upgraded to Solaris 8 to find it no longer supports my network card, which is kind of annoying.

Looks like I'll have to buy a new network card. I know Sun have a list of supported hardware, but I trust that the same as I trust a car salesman.

Can someone let me know of the make/model of a cheap network card that definately works with Solaris 8 intel?

Thanks ...

I've been looking. Don't try the SMC 1211 or Linksys LNE100TX, they both don't work. I'm pretty fed up with Solaris at this point but I'll try a few other NIC's. Even some they say will work on their website don't. They really aren't to concerned with the Intel version I can tell. Really pisses me off. Linux and BSD support most cards.

Any 3Com Fast Ethernet of series 3C905, I have several
3C905-TX and 3C905B-TX, they work ...

Regards,

Carlos Almeida,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back