Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to Select r11

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibthree

Technical User
May 3, 2006
US
Been reading and speaking with Tech Support and been getting some contradictory answers.

Two Questions:

1. Upgrade SE to Select - do we have to reprogram everything or just convert the licenses and check the box?

2. 500v2 upgrade to SE Select - can we go straight from the 500v2 into Select or do we upgrade to Server edition first then convert to Select.
- it is really a pricing question. I understand the Uplift cost of moving the licensing to Select. I am wondering if I go straight to Select from the 500v2 do we save any money as apposed to buying SE Licenses first and then "uplifting" them to Select?

1. In my experience, you buy the licenses to uplift to select, install the licenses, then in Manager choose "Select Mode". Make sure you have enough uplift licenses to cover all nodes. Nothing needs to be reprogrammed.

2. I assume you are taking a standalone IPO and bringing into a SE system. I don't believe there is any savings buying regular SE licenses and uplifting them to select. I'd so straight to select if you need to buy new licenses.

Thanks for the response. I more wondering does it cost more because I am buying the SE licenses and then buying the uplift licenses.

Is there a saving to just buy Select Licenses and skip over the SE.

Just got my answer. It is the same either way. No cost savings - exactly the same from a pricing standpoint either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back