Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to Rel 12.0.0.0.0 Build 56 anf lost licenses 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

brasilsp

Technical User
Dec 15, 2005
CA
Hi there,

I upgraded my lab IPO 500V2 from 11.1.3.1.0 Build 34 to 12.0.0.0.0 Build 56 using Manager and all my licenses shows obsolete.Tried recreate the card and got the same problem. Under System Status -->Service alarm , I have two alarms about licenses.

No valid Essential Edition license present and No valid Software Upgrade license present.

I thought we can upgrade direct from 11.1 to 12.0 without using upgrade license Release12.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Moe.

Now that you re-created back to 11 can you go to PLDS and regenerate your license and re-reinstall it?

The weird part is when I upgraded the unit from Rel 11.1 to the first Release 12 Build 55, the upgrade worked without regenerate the licenses.

Upgrade from R12 Build 55 to Build 56 and lost my licenses.

Downgrade back to 11.1 and tried direct going to R12 Build 56 and got licenses issue.

Thanks for all the info.

Moe

Just to underline that Avaya fixed it after here we raised the question, it means we do the job Avaya should do itself....

Ya, in the PSN and the application notes it says to ensure that you have a valid upgrade license...

IamaSherpa
Avaya has no people to do their job any more. All problems are found by us and the customers because they gave up on comprehensive testing to save money.
I do however not understand how they can miss the licensing part. This is like a car company forgetting to put brake pedals in a new car but it shows how much they want customers to move to cloud so that they can milk them for years to come.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

That's clear Westi, absolutely, the stock value collapsed from nearly 29 to the actual 0.01 USD, the fails are shown with their dramatic evidence, the latest management had no effect on the trend, maybe they are slighty wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back