Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to Peachtree Quantum- speed issues & ini file

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdevoy

Programmer
Jun 19, 2004
US
Just converted to Peachtree Quantum 2007 from Peachtree MAnufacturing 2005. Conversion went fine. I installed the data on our Dell NAS Powervault running Windows Storage Server 2003 (which Peachtree told me was impossible- I had to use a peer-to-peer network) and the program on the individual workstations. The program works fine, however the speed is not as good as when we were running the old version. Part of it is the "bells and whistles" that were added to Peachtree, like the navigator and lists, which take FOREVER to load, but I wondered if there is anything I can do on the NAS end with Pervasive to speed it up a bit?

Secondly, I noticed the new .ini file is much shorter than my old pcw110.ini file and is missing all the [Options] data. I've tried adding it to the new ini file, but it seems to have not effect. For instance, when entering an ID with the drop down open, I would like the drop down to go to the closest item (I assume that is either AUTODATAENTRY or AUTODROPDOWNLISTS in the ini file), but neither of them set to "Yes" solves the problem. Anyone with experience editing the ini file in Peachtree Quantum would be much appreciated- I think it could solve some of our small user problems. I would also love it if there was a setting in the ini file to prevent showing the new navigation windows. Just because a user can enter invoices does not mean they need to see a list of outstanding payables front and center on their screen!!

I'm also open to paying for help from anyone who has worked with Quantum, because Peachtree support is disappointing at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back