Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to OS 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKo

Technical User
May 22, 2000
US
My Vx has OS 3.3.&nbsp;&nbsp;I think we were told by Palm that the new OS 3.5 upgrade would be coming out by the end of June.&nbsp;&nbsp;It's now mid-August.&nbsp;&nbsp;Has anyone heard anything about when an upgrade might be available?<br>

I saw this upgrade.&nbsp;&nbsp;The small print seems to indicate that it is an upgrade FROM the 3.5 operating system to 3.5.2 to fix bugs.&nbsp;&nbsp;I think it's specifically NOT for upgrading from 3.3.&nbsp;&nbsp;But I may be missing something.&nbsp;&nbsp;Please let me know.<br>

I went back and looked again, it appears you are right there is no 3.5 OS upgrade.&nbsp;&nbsp;I downloaded the updates (my current palm came with 3.5) and did not realize that they were patches and not full versions.<br><br>I found one possible explanation here:<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> the rumors in the story are true it appears that palm may soon be charging for OS upgrades.

There is now a &quot;for pay&quot; upgraded to OS 3.5. Luckily, I already have it on my IIIxe, or I would be upset that they would charge for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back