Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to Norstar Remote Utilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWM

MIS
Aug 9, 2001
Is there an upgrade to Norstar Remote Utilities (NRU) on the way, after version 9.0?

I just received the new 4.0 versiion of Avaya's Partner ACS Remote Access software and it is an example of contemporary commercial-grade Windows software. It organizes the options for lines, sets, restrictions, etc., in a comprehensive and clear way in the PC interface.

NRU could be said to need a facelift to bring it's interface up to current standards.

Anyone heard about new versions of NRU?

Thanks,
Mike

I understand that Nortel is developing a new version for MICS/CICS 2.0 or higher. It supposedly is an offspring of the "Browser Tool" that is in the current release. It is similar to the GUI used with the Merdian 1 products. You should be able to view any port, the set on the port as well as its individual programming, on a Graphical Interface screen. Betas are apparently running now.

Their challenge that prevents them from upgrading the software across-the-board is that Versions below 2.0 have a different programming structure.

So they canned that idea and decided to focus on the newer versions.

This software is, from what I hear (not a definite fact) due to be released 3rd/4th qtr 2002.

Hope that helps!!

Gratefully received and thank you.

Mike

PS: The betas can be helpful, too. So, if they become available for testing purposes, I'd be interested to try it.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back