Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to .Net 3.5 - login page subfolder issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben1234zz

MIS
May 12, 2008
GB
Hi

We have upgraded to Visual Studio 2008 and upgraded our Website to run on .NET 3.5, somewhere things have gone wrong.

We have a login page in our site that is in a subfolder, however now when you click the image button to login it appears to be trying to submit to the same page but in in the root folder:

Before submitting url says:

domain.com/online/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fonline%2progress.aspx

After submitting:
domain.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fonline%2progress.aspx

and obviously get a 404 error!

I cannot work out why? We use a base tag on our website, but cannot disable this as other parts of the page fail.

Any ideas what would cause it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
B

if you have the code stored in a repository like source safe, vault or svn, rollback to the pre-3.5 version. then upgrade the site, but keep the web-project aimed at 2.0. then confirm it works. this is how I migrated my projects to VS08.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Hi

Thanks for your post, there has been some development...

I have added a number of other pages with forms, again when submitting I receive a 404 error. Even if they are not in subfolders

However if I remove the base tag on the site (which is required) they post properly.... Is there an issue with ASP .net 3.5 looking at base tags on post?

THanks
B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back