Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to FR3

Status
Not open for further replies.

minxca

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
CA
Hi,

I have 2 Citrix XP on W2K Sp4 server without FR, I just realize that I have license to use FR3 and now I'm planning to upgrade to FR3.
I read that there was a problem with the first release of FR3. How do I know if my CD is the latest FR3?
Which server I have to install first? Can I go back if it something wrong happens?

Thanks,
Winoto

Your best bet is to download the latest release from Citrix's site.

I'm about to go through the same possible issue. i have 3 (XPE) servers in my farm with feature-release 2 and want to upgrade to feature release 3 on them, as well as add another server into the farm. i noticed you are running windows sp4 - was this ever 'validated/approved' by citrix?

yes, there is a way to verify you have the new CD's.
Look for license agreement paper in the CD's. If there is a V2 in the upper right hand corner, you have the new (fixed) CD's.

*J*

First release reads "Citrix Metaframe XP Feature Release 3" on the cd.
The second release reads "Citrix Presentation Server Feature Release 3" on the cd.

Free citrixprinting support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back