Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to CF 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlhawkins

Programmer
Dec 28, 2000
US
Hi all,

One of the servers I'm hosted on is about to upgrade to CF 5.0 (currently CF 4.5) and I was hoping someone could give me a heads up about what kind of changes (if any) I can expect. Thank you in advance.

Hi, tlhawkins!

I've been running 5.0 since it was released, and I haven't had any problems with it. My site is a fairly simple intranet (growing more complex daily!), so this might not be a good indicator. It does, of course, have a few more bells and whistles which I haven't tried except in a couple of small test pages. Anyway, I don't think you'll have any trouble with it. I don't think there's been many complaints about it on this forum, but maybe there just aren'y that many people using it, yet.

Oh, well, that's my $.02 worth. Calista :-X
Jedi Knight,
Champion of the Force

Hi Calista

I have searched all over and have found very little complaint anywhere else either. I guess this upgrade is going to be painless. :)

Thanks

I hate to be the thorn because I'm a CF lover but...

I just upgraded 2 weeks ago, and all my cfgrids broke. It seems that there is something wacky about those. Upon investigation in the Allaire forum, I found out that there's quite a stir going on about the cfgrid. We got them fixed after a half a day's trial and error.

Anyhow, if you don't have any of them, then I'm betting you're home free. I'm enjoying my new toy, otherwise.

I hate to be the thorn because I'm a CF lover but...

I just upgraded 2 weeks ago, and all my cfgrids broke. It seems that there is something wacky about those. Upon investigation in the Allaire forum, I found out that there's quite a stir going on about the cfgrid. We got them fixed after a half a day's trial and error.

Anyhow, if you don't have any of them, then I'm betting you're home free. I'm enjoying my new toy, otherwise. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back