Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to ASP site issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleanair4me46

Technical User
Feb 3, 2009
US
I have a ASP web application working with SQL Server. It has around 500 records and it works great. Now the customer wants to meet me about a redesign on the page.

In the past I noticed what a customer advises as a redesign can sometimes be more involved and effect the data structure where I would have to add fields, tables etc to the database. But they would not understand the impact because they dont understand databases and that I have to make their current database records work with their new requirement. I am looking for advise on what to say to the customer about the impact to their current database. If they add requirements it will probably require me to change the database model. Any user friendly words I can tell them or experiences anyone has had with this in the past?

Looks like a question for forum84 as its not technical, nor anything to do with ASP

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

i agree probably for a different forum but in the mindset of hakim's razor : you want to change things, it may change many other things.

or more simply.. butterfly effect.

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert
if all else fails, light it on fire and do the happy dance!
" I always think outside the 'box', because I'm never inside the 'loop' " - DreX 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back