Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxum

Technical User
May 20, 2003
US
I am trying to upgrade from 8.5 to 9 and having several issues. I'm installing on a Win2k devbox. I did a clean install of 9 and that part seemed to do fine.

I then copied the APS db from the 8.5 to a 9 APS, both reside on ORACLE. After doing this I updated the objects throught the CCM. When I went to run the reports it couldn't find them in the Filestore, so I copied the 8.5 filestore to the new directory...The reports can be found...Now when I run the reports, the viewer (Active X, DHTML) just chuggs acting as if it is prossessing, but doesn't return any data, or bring up paramters if any.

I'm open to the fact that I went about the install wrong. Any info anyone could be give would be great.

Nate

Doesn't CE 9 have a Crystal Import Wizard?

I haven't upgraded yet, but that's the way I migrate from CE 8 to CE 8.5.

-k

The import wizard is definately the way to go. I did a clean install of CE 9 on a dev box and then used the import wizard to move all reports, groups, folders ect. to the new server.

Regards
Chuck LaRue
ADRS Computer Services

After I did the clean instal of 9, I used the Import Wizard and the reports all failed. The error was regarding that the reports couldn't be found in the file repository.

Once I moved the old FileStore folder over to the new, it went fine, except for the fact that they won't run....

Nate:

I have had similar problems. When I did a clean install of 9, and then used the import wizard to bring the reports over, they all were failing. It seems that reports developed with CR 8.5 wouldn't run, even if you migrate them to 9 format.

I then uninstalled CE 9 from the server. By the way, Crystal has iproved the uninstall feature with 9; it actually uninstalls everything. I installed 8.5, and then upgraded to 9. I was then having problems with the Import Wizard. Apparently, it wanted to still use the infostor.dll that was part of the 8.5 install. I renamed this file and got the Wizard to work. All my reports ran after that with out issue.

I would try creating a report or 2 in CE 9 and publish it in CE and see if it runs. You can also try upgrading one of your reports to 9 and then publish it. I found that even though you can update the objects in the CCM, it doesn't upgrade the input file to CR 9 format.

~Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back