Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade to 9.0.1.23 MiVocie Business and PRI Audio Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgcmc

Vendor
Sep 19, 2012
US
We upgraded our 3300 system to 9.0.1.23 and now both PRI's (from 2 different carriers) are clipping and snapping.
This can only be heard on the local side. We opened a ticket with Mitel but so far no luck. These PRI's have been in service for years without a problem. We tried changing the sync source to the other PRI that didn't help.
If anyone else has had a similar experience it would be great to here how you resolved it.

Cant say that we have ever had issues that didn't end up being carrier related or faulty ISDN card

Are services on Dual E1 ? if so it probably wouldn't hurt to exchange the card regardless of the length of time that it has been working (just to eliminate it as the cause)

Has an upgrade bootrom all been performed post the upgrade?

help for digital link descriptors had something regarding noise

Voice Encoding

This field is only valid for programming the voice encoding method of the CEPT Formatter II, DS1/T1 Formatter II (Universal T1/E1). Possible values are "Nil" for no change, "ADI" for alternate digit inversion (even bits inverted), "Invert" for all bits inverted, and "Inverted ADI" for odd bits inverted.
NOTES
Embedded PRI: T1 in North America and E1 in Europe are set to "Nil" by default. However, if you experience noise on the trunks, set Voice Encoding to "Invert"
E1 in NA or T1 in Europe must have voice encoding set to "ADI".

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back