Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrade to 2000 module errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappe7

Technical User
Jul 30, 2001
US
Hello I have a DB created in office 97 and we would like all of the users to be able to upgrade to access 2000 soon. somoe of the users have upgraded to 2000 but a problem exists with the modules created in the 97 version. i know i need to edit it to make it readable for access 2000 but i do not know how or where toe veen start. i only have 3 modules and all are pretty basic. if you guys could take my code and "format" it i am sure i could fix the others. thanks a lot. also a description of what changed would help because then i could use it as a reference. thanks a mil. this is exactly how the code appears. is there anything else i need to do to make my module in 97 runnable in 2000?

Public Function blnBlnkTran() As Boolean

Dim appExcel As Excel.Application

' Link to Excel using automation
Set appExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

' So you can watch what's happening...
appExcel.Visible = False

' Open Management Action Plan
appExcel.Workbooks.Open "G:\Database\Management Action Plan.xls"

' Runs a macro found in Management Action Plan.xls, called TransferBlank.
appExcel.Run "Module5.TransferBlank"
' This macro allows Access to import the issues from the MAP (entered by the user) in Excel into the Action Plan
' tables in Access. To understand/troubleshoot this macro open 'G:\Metrics\Management Action Plan.xls', hit the
' 'enable macros' button that pops up upon opening, and then select 'Tools' -> 'Macro' -> 'Macros', highlight
' 'TransferBlank' and select 'Edit'. This will display the macro code that will execute.
' Comments will explain the function of the code.

' Close the MAP workbook (without saving changes)
appExcel.Workbooks("Management Action Plan.xls").Close True

' Done with Excel (omit ''''' if you want to close Excel)
appExcel.Quit

End Function

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back