Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrade to 11.1 FP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfcstroud

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
US
Wondering if anyone has tried to move to 11.1 FP1 without upgrading 11.0 to sp4. Just a question so don't hit me too hard. Couldn't I,
Backup the system. Create new servers from OVA, and restore configuration quicker than 2 stage upgrade? I know I'll have to rehost the license, but that's quick these days.

Customer wants to move IPO off Hyper-V anyhow, so figured maybe this was safer than trying to fix potential problems after using the VMware migration tool.

Your thoughts appreciated, and thanks in advance.

When using the method with Upgrade-Disk, you must upgrade to 11.0.4.4 or preferably to 11.0.4.5 as the first step.
It won't work otherwise. Some internal backups or steps to perform the migration are implemented. Also, you need to shut down the server using the :7071 menus, not just turn off.
You can still go the long way, with several backups, a fresh installation and then restore everything.
If going from Hyper-V to VMware, you have to do that anyway.

Thanks Albus2. I was hoping to get around the two step and then still needing to move the hyper-v to VMware. Much appreaciated.

You must upgrade to 11.0.4.5 to upgrade to 11.1 on Hyper-V, and you must go to 11.1 FP1. That could change with the release this weekend.

If I were migrating to VMWare I would do a backup and restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back