Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade STK 9310 to 450 exchanges (turbo mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddeblance

Technical User
Jun 29, 2005
US
I need a contact for someone maintaining the STK 9310 silo and can answer questions on upgrading/licensing the upgrade to 450 exchanges.

Ddeblance

Hello ddeblance,

An independant STK maintainer cannot upgrade your 9310 to 450 exchanges (at least not in the approved way). It's done by the customer getting in touch with his Oracle sales rep, who generates a code on an internal Sun system which is based on the machine serial number. A CE then visits site and enters this code into an area of the LMU firmware that controls the speed.

As the 9310 is at the end of support by Sun, they may not offer this feature any more.

This is only a guess, but I would think the part of the machine that is updated when the code is typed in is an EPROM on the LCU motherboard. If that is the case, an independant might be able to upgrade you by changing EPROM's from a de-installed turbo machine. I've no idea of the legalities though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back