Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrade S8730 from ACM 5.2.1 to DL360G ACM 6.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurofen

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
IE
Hello there,

We are upgrading from AACM 5.2.1 running in S8730´s to AACM 6.2 in DL360 servers.
I have been working with Avaya since was named AT&T BCS and never never find the documentation that bad as now.
AS mention before, we are going to do an upgrade and for me still not clear, can someone point to me to the correct document?
I need to know something very simple, like should i upgrade the S8300D first? if so, why they dont get the translations?
is very confusing as I say, docs goes from generic to particular cases and mix different hardware platforms and software version...
Can some one point to me to the correct document?

thanks in advance.

PS, yes, I use the search and also search in Avaya support... and honestly I think is better to not comment on it

How many servers do you have?

Sounds like are moving from CM5 duplex core to CM6 duplex and have LSPs running on those S8300Ds?

If so, upgrade the S8300D LSP's first, then upgrade your core.

OK,
I think maybe the question is too wide.
Following some of the documents and the previous experiences, I know that the first thing I need to do is to install ACM 6.2 in the old LSPs servers.
The main server is running ACM 5.2.1 and the upgraded Server is running ACM 6.2 (with system platform and the correct template)
The MG get registered, the LSP get registered but when access the LSP it says "translations cannot be save while in LSP mode" (something similar) therefore, the new S8300D is in LSP mode, despite the fact the MAIN server still in ACM 5.2.1 seen it as registered.
Also, when try to save translations, I seen that all the other servers get the new translation while the new S8300D dont.

Got more questions but I think is better going one by one.

REgards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back