Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmck

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2004
US
Hi

I was glad to find this forum. NAI shouldn't have pulled theirs the way they did.

I'm getting ready to upgrade my 2.5.1 server. Setting up a test server first and everything. Since the 3 series came out I have been too busy to deal with issues such as 9X machines and have read about plenty of bugs anyway. I've seached the thread here, and haven't really found an answer to my questions. I apologize if I've missed it.

What have you guys used to insure vcred and dcom are installed on 9X machines? At the moment I'm assuming that I'm goint to have to use login scripts, paticularly Kixtart.

During the beta I read that some people just used the old agent on 9X machines. Have you done this, and how well has it worked for you? I still have a lot of 9X clients.

From what I remember, 3 doesn't automatically push out the new agent as it has done in the past with upgrades. At least, that was true with the beta. Is this still true? I've read that SP2a is automatically pushed out.

And, as far as SP2a goes, is it still stable for everyone?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back