Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

soy4soy

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2000
US
I am upgrading from MF 1.8 to XP. I am trying to roll out a version of the 8.0 or 8.1 client that will know about our new XP server. I intend to use the 1.8 server to deliver my new client. However, the best I can get is a client that is updated to 8.0 or 8.1 (either work), but no new server farm shows up. This means that I have to manually go to each workstation and set up the new farm? There has to be a better way!

HELP!

;-)

Randy Mitchell, Jack of all ITrades

Hi,

Have you added an entry for "ica" and give it your Citrix Server into your DNS servers which will resolve your browse issues.

What you can also do, is create an entry in your local machine and then copy appsrv.ini to appsrv.src within your package and that will then be deployed to your clients and should sort you out. I've never done this so you'll have to experiment or do some searching on Citrix for a KB article on this.

Cheers,
Carl.

What do you mean by adding an entry for "ica?" an entry into what?

I can't make a change on my DNS servers because I need my old production to remain in production for 2 weeks while the upgrade is rolling out.

I can't find anything but sketchy information on the appsrv.ini/pn.ini files online. Does anyone have a defintive resource on this subject?

Randy Mitchell, Jack of all ITrades

Hi,

Look on your DNS server and do you have an entry for "ica"? If so, that will need altering once your new servers are in place, or it will need adding.

As for appsrv.src, what you do is create the farm entry on your PC, make it default, don't save your username/password/domain. Then copy the appsrv.ini from your PC to your distribution point

"documents and setting\username\application data\citrix\appsrv.ini"

Where are you distributing your client from?

Cheers,
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back