Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade question R9.0 to R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero6

Technical User
Oct 20, 2016
CW
Hi All,

I am going to upgrade a ip office server edition from version 9.0 to the latest version 11.0.
I started by loading the upgrade license, but what I saw when selecting add license is that no gui appears for selecting Adi or Plds.
Since my licenses are in PLDS, I cannot upload them before the upgrade.
I even did right click in the empyty space of license but everything is grayed out.
What I wanted to know is, can you do the upgrade to version 11.0 and then add all the upgrade licenses that I have?

Thanks in advance

You can add the licenses after, or when you get to R10, since you can't go straight to R11 on Server Edition.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

You can copy the PLDSKeys.xml license key file to the System > Primary folder on the server and it'll pick this up when it upgrades.

ACSS (SME)

You could, but it doesn't do much since the Host ID will change during the upgrade.

Or actually it might not if not using WebLM.

Hi Guys thanks for the info

A question, do I upgrade to r10.0 or r10.1 before going to r11
I was thinking of 10.0,

Upgrades to latest R11 are supported from the latest service packs of 10.0, 10.1 and 11.0.

You need to check the release notes for 10.0 if anything special is required from 9.0.

Hi Janni78

So I can upgrade the server and then add the licenses later correct?

Also where can I find System > Primary folder on the server to add the license

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back