Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Question on BCM50 - Beginner Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

george66

Technical User
Jun 29, 2006
I have an early BCM50 and I need to put in all the latest patches and upgrades. Where can I find the list of what I need to put in? Do I have to buy these, or can they be downloaded? Where are the instructions for putting them in?

Also, any comments on what benefits the patches have had would be appreciated ... for example, my BCM50 crashes about every 48 hours...so we reboot it constantly.

Also, the third-party calling feature is problematic, since the call volume is often too low. I set the system for 600m CO lines, but this does not completely solve the problem. Does a particular patch fix this?

Thanks for your help.

EVH

Patches can be downloaded from nortel.com
If you don't have access try nortelsupport.net

Get patches from your vendor unless you have direct support from Nortel. BCM50 had LOTS of patches and you need to read the doc for each patches. My early BCM50 had same hung up problem on the built in analog co port and the problem went away after we appied the lastest accumulative patch .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back