Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade problem 5.3 -> 5.3a

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadIslets

Programmer
Apr 3, 2002
US
I am attempting to upgrade(patch) clipper from 5.3 to 5.3a without success. When I view the PATCH.LOG file almost all the files have the following error: 'wpt0036: Old file was not found. However, a file of the same name was found.'

The install program is obviously seeing each file but refusing to update them. One suggestion I received said to try updating w/the internation version so I attempted that w/no success either (my previous attempts were with the US version).

At this point I'm about to pull out my hair, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Are you mixing the US with the International versions? They are, for some reason, different, and each have their own updates.

HTH
TonHu

TonHu,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried updating with both versions and unfortunately neither one worked.

-Keith

Could it be either the 5.3a or the 5.3b update is already installed?

HTH
TonHu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back