Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade NT4 server to Win2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberit

Technical User
Jul 27, 2003
AU
hi all,

i just upgraded my PDC from NT4 to win2000 server. All went well. All machine connected to the PDC are fine, but one. NT4 server machine. The NT4 server was a BPC and it has shared data that other machines access. I am able to connect to the NT4 server machine, but when i reset a user account password on the PDC (win2000 server), im unable to see the NT4 server machine with that account. NT4 server machine is still running UserManager. And the PDC is on Native Mode. Is there a way to remove UserManager Services from NT4 and let it see PDC Security?
Another question, is it possible to upgrade NT4 server to win2000 professional. i know that answer is no, but has anyone tried?

To avoid troubles why don't you just upgrade your second NT4 server BDC to win 2k DC especially your main DC is in native mode. You can make your win2k pro to dual boot with win2k server otherwise server setup will delete your win2pro OS. You're correct the answer is no and I tried it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back