Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

technoknow

Technical User
Apr 19, 2002
US
How do I take selected emails and addresss from Messenger 4.7 on my client computer and move them to my host computer which has Netscape 7? Can I do this without losing the emails that are already on the host?
Thanks,
Jim

I apologize for not being specific, but I'm sitting at a computer without Netscape.

Find the user name on the 4.7 computer.
Copy the mail folder(s) that is/are below that user name. It will be easy to tell the name of the folder, because it should have subdirectories for each folder created in Netscape messenger.
Paste the folder structure as another subdirector under the user's mail folder on the 7.0 computer.

When you open Netscape 7, there should be a folder structure similar to the one on the 4.7 machine with all the messages in it.

Now if you want to sync the folders, that is up to someone else to answer.

I would copy the folder from the client that contains the profile you want. This is under C:\Program files\Netscape\Users\"profile name"(could be default if you only have one profile on the machine).

Then open the mail window in Netscape 7.x. Go to Tools on the top menu, then click on Import and follow the prompts. You will need to run this twice, once for addresses, once for mail. This will bring in the new information and leave the existing info intact.....

Good luck

Spinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back