Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Legend 2.0 to a version that allows transferring to an outside line(cell phone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripoth

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
What Merlin Legend release allows for transferring outside the system?
Have a 2.0. No trunk to trunk transfer option in programming, so I assume there would have to be an upgrade done?

Also, I am a little fuzzy pertaining to upgrading the Legend.

R3.1 and higher will allow it. If you purchase an upgrade card it just goes in the pcmcia slot and does its magic. If you buy an R3.1 (I would buy an R7.0 as it's the latest Legend) you would then do a backup of your current config onto your laptop. Convert that file to R7.0 using Winspm, and then restore the programming onto the new R7.0 processor.

If you just want to transfer an incoming call to an outside number, WITHOUT simultaneous ring at the internal extension AND the outside number, you just need to be using trunks with Reliable Disconnect (PRI, analog trunks with Reliable Disconnect, etc).

If you want to use CENTREX transfer on Analog Centrex trunks, or the RCF with Simultaneous Ring, that's different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back