Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade IPO Server Edition Primary & Secondary from 9.0 to 10 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortavaya

Technical User
Sep 20, 2006
MA
Dear all,

I plan to upgrade IPO Server Edition from 9.0 to 10, there is two Server Primary and Secondary...
My question is it possible to upgrade the Secondary First and register all phones and Gateway to it, then upgrade the primary ?

Thank you

Officially no, the primary upgrades first and then the secondary/expansions. Why do you want to do different? If its to avoid any phone downtime then tough, your upgrading the system, the 24/7 rubbish will have to give way.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks Sizbut, yes this is my objectif to avoid any downtime of phones...so you means that during Upgrade we will have downtime ?

Do you have any idea of duration of downtime ?

Thank you

I would
-Backup the primary & Secondary and 500V2's
-fail your phones & vmpro to the secondary 5-10 minutes (depending on how many phones)
-test (make sure your secondary is working as intended)
-upgrade Primary 45 min ( I have not done this to Rls 10 yet) Might be longer.
-fail one or two phones back to the Primary and test.
-fail secondary phones back to the primary 5-10 minutes
-upgrade secondary
-upgrade and 500V2's
-test
-put in for double time and call it a night

I used to have super powers but my therapist took them away...

FWIW, I did this upgrade in the exact order VXtech said... there may have been more going on ( as we now have a Voicemail hanging issue open with Avaya) however the upgrade took over 2 hours to complete on the primary alone, the secondary took like 30-40 minutes as I expected.the the 7 500s were like an hour total.
I cant remember where I could see that it was still grinding on the process, so I let it run. but yeah, it took a very long time.
Good luck.

Did you transfer the ISO image to the server to upgrade or did you boot from the DVD

Transferring the ISO results in the shortest downtime as the IPO can continue running even whilst most of the upgrades take place (they don't become active until the server is rebooted or the services are stopped & restarted)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

thanks the upgrade is done...it take some downtime during the upgrade of IPO arround 5 or 10 minutes...

thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back