Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.

samkal

Technical User
Jun 24, 2008
US
I have to upgrade 2.2.22. sol10.pkg.gz that was compiled years ago. I need to upgrade it to 2.2.24. Please let me know what is the procedure for upgrading it.

Thank you for your response. I do not see this version is currently installed on any server. Do I need to install 2.2.22 and get configure command options that were used to compile this version or is there a way to extract this info from .gz file?

Do I need to install 2.2.22
I thought you said 2.2.22 was already installed??

If so you should download the 2.2.23 and .24 source and upgrade incrementally

If you are wary of attacking it head on for a production server set up a test environment, I find having a free VPS from Haphost is good for testing things before implementing them in a production environment.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

I have 2.2.22 compiled binaries. Is not there any way to extract configure command info from this zip file and then download source 2.2.24 and compile with configure command options that were used 2.2.22?

If it is a compiled binary it probably won't have the configure options available.

I have to assume that you are new to Linux installing, so reading this >> may be of benefit. Along with forum54 being the appropriate forum as this is a server management issue rather than something specific to Apache

Can I also suggest that maybe you should use the package manager which is probably Yum (on Red Hat variants) or APT on Ubuntu/Debian derivatives on your machine rather than attempting to compile from source manually until you have had more experience.

It may also be that whatever control panel or server management system you are using has compiler and configuration tools cPanel/WHM Easy Apache for example.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back