Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from Page Server to Crystal 8.0 bombed! help

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsyncIIS

MIS
Nov 22, 2003
US
Hello.

I upgraded an instance of the Web component server from the Crystal Developers install to CRystal Enterprise 8.0 and the intall has issues specifically with the Web Component SErver. Crystal Support gave me a tracking number and basically said I'm in a "quaqmire".

The serer is NT 4.0 Sp6a running an a web server Iplanet 3.6. CE 8 goes on fine without problem but the Web Component server error comes up all the time when I even go to luanch Eportfolio or CMC.

The machine has a netbios name of MTNMOYA and a DNS name of ais.ges.external.lmco.com since it's in a semi-private extranet environement. The backup Oracle instance is also in the same subnet. There has been no TCP/IP probelms whatsoever with the system in the past.

The strange thing is that that all serives are starte in the CCM. however, when I go to enable them in CCM the subsequent dialog box is absolutely empty. Crstyal tech says I have a network issue.

I have a really old unsupported version of Iplanet and not sure if I can upgrade to Iplanet 4.x (Iplanet 4.x and 8.0 are unsupportted but have been tested and work together). Iplanet 3.x is archaic and not supportted.

If I upgrade to Win2000 and IIS 5.0 and CE 9...that may solve my hole problem; however, I don't want to go that route and only be screwed by the communication/network alledged error.

I'm really green with Crystal so any advice would be apprecaited.

Thanks
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back