Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from FP3 to FP6

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakelp

Technical User
Nov 4, 2003
GR
We recently upgrade from Netbackup 4.5FP3 to FP6 and we notice some problems!
First the utilization of the Master goes to 100%, and the sites where we have CQ DLT Media Library cant work !
Error:
Unable to sense robotic device (202)

I try to remove the media and create it again and in the beginning was ok but again same mistake !

Is it FP6 or anyone have any ideas ?

From what I have seen FP6 does cause some issues and my personal recomendation is to stay away from it - But that does not help you here.

Your master and media server - Are they the same server or different? If different, is your master at the same or higher patch level than the media server - This is vital.

Lastly, if you cannot uninstall FP6, remove the storage goup, storage unit, drives, robotics device - In that order. Reboot your master server, add them back in in the reverse order and reboot again.

PGPhantom - can you say what issues you've encountered with FP6 please? We're on FP3 here and are being encouraged towards FP6 - mainly because it then supprts W2k3 SSO SAN Media Servers.

Thanks - Tim

I have seen quite a few issues of suddenly getting numerous error codes 52, Lotus backups fail, restores scanning multiple tapes in multiple drives fail, Advanced Reporter gives various errors etc.

They are just a few but enough to keep away from it. Also - I would keep away from v5.0 until FP1 has been released - v5 has quite a few errors too that they are addressing with FP1 release.

Thanks for that. FP5 is the minimum needed for Win2k3 SSO - how stable is that Feature Pack, in your experiance?

Cheers - Tim

I am running FP5 presently and in 30 media servers, 190 clients - No problems.

I am sitting on NB4.5_FP5 until I am able to load NB5.1 when it becomes available.

Bob Stump
Incorrigible punster -- Do not incorrige

Ditto ... NB4.5_FP5 until NB5.1 is released - They said likely end of April, begining of May.

Thank you guz !!
We role back to FP3. With FP6 we lose connections (time out)and all the media library magically change from TLD to AVR so no backups !!!

Looking to upgrade to NetBackup 5.0

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back