Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from CE10 to BO Xi - Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkzig

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2005
GB
Hi all,

Could any of you clever chaps please tell me how I go about upgrading from CE10 to BOXi? I have been researching this for a few days now and cant find anything to explain the process. I have CE10 on a win2k server and I dont have a spare box to do a clean install. I have a year's maintenance so i believe its possible to do. Bus Objs have sent me links to get the new software....but what i need to know is how easy/difficult the upgrade will be and what i need to be aware of.

Many thanks for any help

Hi,
In theory, an in_place upgrade is supposed to work, but it always has some 'gotchas' - I expect that the fact XI does not support .csp files ( all need to be .asp or mods to IIS are needed to work-around) might introduce issues with any custom pages you have written or if you have modified any of the CE supplied pages..It may be that an in_place upgrade retains the .csp associations, but it is something to be aware of.

Just keep BObj's support phone # handy and good luck -It should be pretty much OK..
OF COURSE, back up you current setup ( including the FRS and the CMS database) first, just in case you need to revert..)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thanks turkbear. I dont have any .csp files. So its a case of download and install over the top? It shouldnt remove any reports stored in the repository etc should it?

Would the upgrade make it BO XI or Crystal XI?

I read a BO tech doc on the differences between CE XI Report Server and BO XI Enterprise? Am I confusing myself here?

thanks again

Hi,
The upgrade makes it Business Objects Enterprise XI( BOEXI for short).
Business Objects Enterprise XI is the upgrade from/new name for CE 10, the Crystal Reports Server XI is, IIRC, the new name/upgrade for the CE10 RAS .
After getting the software read the boe11_Install_en.pdf file FIRST...It has a guide to Upgrading from CE10...
( You will need to create a new CMS database, along with other pre-upgrade tasks..)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thats great, thanks very much for your advice, much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back