Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade experience: BES 2.1 -> 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgv

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
US
Greetings,

I am about to upgrade from BES(Exchange) 2.1 to 3.6. I have about 10 Blackberries.

The upgrade looks fairly easy. Couple quick questions:

Did the upgrade process go smoothly for you?

User handheld software probably on version 2.1-2 ish. Do these need to be upgraded, especially with respect to the new attachment service? I will probably do this anyway, but want to make sure that when I upgrade the BES, the handhelds dont suddenly die.

The upgrade path is fairly straightforward and I didn't experience any problems. You will need to upgrade the handheld software to realise the new features of BES 3.6 including the attachment service.

Regards,
Tony.

I strongly recommend you use the 3.6 SP2 version of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (BDM) as well.

Forgo the original 3.6, as it caused some issues with my own users. The OK buttons were unresponsive in some cases and modifications to the Intellisync settings were difficult to make.

Hey, just to revive this topic real quick, did you have to get your users to re-synch after the upgrade? I've got a lot of users that don't come into the office often. I know attachment services probably won't work till they synch, but i don't want to cut them off for the upgrade. We're still using the same SRP ID and all, so I have a feeling they won't need to, but what was your experience?

thanks!

--karl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back