Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade existing MBG to MiCollab ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

12345kevin

Vendor
Feb 15, 2006
GB
We have a customer that currently has 2 MBG's
The first is in Server/Gateway mode and handles SIP and Teleworkers
The second is Server Only and handles SRC
This is all connected to a MXe on MCD7 currently although all systems are to be upgraded.

The customer wished to upograde the SRC MBG to MiCollab and retain the SRC on this server. I can see that it is possible to have these services running on the same server, but what I cant see is if it is possible to just add MiCollab to an existing server or if we would need to reprovision the server as a new MBG/ MiCollab and then transfer the SRC licenses ?

There are many reasons you want the SRC on a standalone server. The licenses and function do not play nice with the other applications.

I'm confident if you were to run your proposal by Mitel Engineering they would tell you it wouldn't work.

Other that the cost of a server, you won't be saving anything and you could be creating significant issues for yourself.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

We normally coexist SRC and MBG functionality together
this is for later MiCR when using indirect recording

There are some limitations when using SRC on the Micollab internal MBG - best to read all the engineering Guidelines

The options may be limited by what kind of call recorder and where the users that are being recorded are located (assuming station side)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back