Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Exchange 2k to 2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost4life

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2003
US
I have a 2003 domain with single exchange 2000 server. After running forestprep and domainprep, I installed a new 2003 server with exchange 2003. When I move a user to the new 2003 server, they are able to send email but not receive any. Also none of the public folders are available to users on the new server. I am not planning on moving everyone to the 2k3 server so I need users on either version to be able to send/receive and have access to public folders. I have added both servers to the replica's on each public folder but nothing seems to be working. Any documentation, links, or help will be greatly appreciated.

I have gotten the public folder issue resolved by changing the default public store on the new server and pointed it to the old exchange 2000 server. I am not sure if this is correct or not but I am able to veiw public folders on both server. I can also send emails both internally and externally. I am still having a problem receiving emails on the 2k3 server from the same Organization or from external addresses. I do not get a NDR, nothing in queue, they just disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back