Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade DL380 G2 to G4 restarts prior to boot with Stop: 0x0000007B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboyto

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2012
US
Hello everyone,

I am currently running 2 Domain Controller's and an Exchange server running Windows Server 2003.
My issue is that once I switched my DC1/DC2's G2 hardware for the G4, I pop in the same hard drives and it can't boot completly through. It gets to the loading Windows screen and than flashes a blue screen stop code:
0x0000007B (0xF789AA94, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
then it reboots and starts the process over.

The only solution I have found was to reformat my drives and install from scratch. Is thier an easier solution to this rather than re-slicking them?

I was thinking its a driver issue with the new hardware but have no idea where to begin. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

it will be a driver issue as the g4 has different hardware. You could try and boot into safemode and run the software/firmware CD, not sure if safemode will allow the ms installer service to start though. Another option would be to put the disks back in the old server and back everything up, build the new server and restore the backups.

There are also imaging apps out there claim to be able to restore to any tin, think ghost or acronis say you can restore to any hardware.

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back