Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Cognos 6.5 - Cognos 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

chardt

Technical User
Sep 22, 2002
DE
Hi,

do anyone have experience by upgrading Cognos 6.5 -> Series 7
I want to upgrade a Cognos production environment to Cognos 7
Are there traps ?
What is Your recommended procedure ?

Thank You

For a same server install,just install series 7 software,it will be under cer2 instaed of cer1.

If you already have netscape directory servers installed and configured, leave them.
Export your Acess manager 6.5 asLae file,and save it.Open Acess manager 7 and import the lae file.

Open your Powerplay 6.5 and Impromptu 6.5 reports and catalogues in series 7, and tick úpgrade'when prompted, then save and close.

Get rid of Powerplay enterprise sever and upfront version 6, and reinstall and set up from scratch unless you have lots of reports and cube views sitting on it, then do a backup as per documentation.You will then have to pack up Upfront and unpack it in series 7.

I found it easier to just recreatethe web stuff- especially as IWR reports use Upfront now.

What problems do you observe in unpack a Cognos 6 Upfront package in Cognos Series 7 ?

Well,if you are upgrading IWR, you will need to re-publish all your reports to Upfront anyway, but if you havent, packing and unpacking is no problem - I havent heard of any-Upfront is one area in Cognos that has a fundamental change to it between version 6 and 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back