Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade BIN for expansion module 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DQuaN

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2014
GB
Hi All,

Here is my situation. A customers' phone system has failed, it is an IP 400 (old i know). It was connected to an analogue and a digital expansion unit.

The closest system i had to this one was a 406, so that has gone in in it's place. The system works but the phones connected to the expansion units were not working. They get power and button tones but no dial tone. I've managed to get the analogue expansion working by upgrading it to 6.1 (the main unit is on 4.1) and I'm hoping that doing the same for the digital will get that working as well. However, there don't seem to be any .bin upgrade files for it in any of the Manager installs i've found and i cannot find anything on Avaya's website.

Does anyone know what the maximum upgrade available for a IP400 DTx30 is and where i could find the bin file for it?

TIA

Duncan

I can't find an old compatibility matrix right now but I recall that the DT30 was only supported up to 2.1 or 3.0.58 as was the 403.

The 406 worked with later releases as did the DS30.

IPOhead is correct DT handsets only work upto V2.1 ( & V3.0.580 also known as V3.0DT but that was just a rebadged V2.1 )

you best aproach (if total replacment is not an option, and they have certaily had thier moneys worth out of this one) would be to see if you can source a copy of the V2.1/V3.0DT admin suite & downgrade back to a usable version.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

V3.0.580 is still available from support.avaya.com

IP Office 403 was end of life in 2009.

Thanks everyone. Downgrading the 406 to 3.0 and setting the expansion modules to 5.0 sorted the problem.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back