Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade a Option 11C to latest sofware release

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillianK

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I have to upgrade a Option 11C to the latest release but i also have to install 4 analogue extension cards.

My question is, in which order would be the best to install?

Example: 11C software then Analogue cards or Analogue cards then 11c software?

Thanks a million,

Killian

DON'T MATTER IF YOU HAVE THE TN'S IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL NEED TO UPGRADE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

If the 11 is pre release 25.40, I would install the FALCs 1st & program 1 extn on each. This way, when your vendor runs Nortels "Order Pro", you will get credited with the 64 Analogue ISM's. If you don't get the ISM's, you won't be able to use your cards

I Thought you get the amount of ISM's as TN's that you already have in your system when you upgrade. You just need to specify analog, digital, ect.. Oh well I'm fixing to find out because I'm getting a quote here in a couple of weeks.

Just a word of warning...
When you program the first port on the analog make sure you answer no at the "wrls" prompt....

If you are 25.xx and you are registered, your vendor can manually max your spare TN's to ISM's when they run a tool called OrderPro.

Work with your vendor carefully to make sure you are maximizing all of the discount programs available to your particular site.

--
Fletch
Visit the Nortel Technical Support Portal at:

Thanks to all!! You have been a great help to me as always.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back