Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade 9508 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

okorsal

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2003
CA
I've downloaded the 9500R59.bin file to the working directory. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Manager). However, the phone does not download it. We have IPO R7 Manager v7.0(27). What am I doing wrong?

Manager_ghoqiw.jpg

Look in sysmonitor which version the phone looks for.
If it is different as the R59 then it does not load anything.
Now you have only one option: rename the 9500R59.bin file to the version it requests as seen in monitor.

I've tried changing the filename, didn't work. TFTP is enabled under Preferences. I dont even see teh word tftp or .bin in Sysmonitor.

You need to enable TFTP in monitor in order to trace it, go to filters trace options then services and you will see the TFTP option unticked. Tick it on and you should start to see the phone requesting TFTP info.
Mike

In Manager there is a tftp view option as well but why using Manager if there is a SD card fitted?

SD card slot is empty. Actually it's a Compact Flash slot. IP 500

All I see is:
TFTP: Server::RRQ(from 192.168.7.23, 51548) (loc 192.168.7.6) nasystem/who_is3 (Total 1)
TFTP: TFTP Server - duplicate request for client (from 192.168.7.23, 51548) (loc 192.168.7.6) nasystem/who_is
Manager_d4bupo.jpg
9500_fgev70.jpg

Windows firewall is already disabled.

Personally I quit using the Manager TFTP a long time ago as it can be a bit flakey. I use SolarWinds freebee app. It works much better.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Maybe a dumb question, but did you enable the TFTP server in Manager?

The proper release for 7.0(27) is
9504 / 9508 Telephone Firmware R38
9504 / 9508 Loader (Boot File) Firmware R15

I would try to reload manager 7.0(27) on the PC.

Sorry I was looking at a couple of different releases the firmware is actually R37.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back