Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upfront gives Invalid Namespace error before login page

Status
Not open for further replies.

viswakam

Technical User
Jun 5, 2002
US
Hi,
I have installed Cognos 7 upfront and access manager on Unix server(after stopping cognos 6 services as this server earlier had version 6 of cognos). Configured the upfront and access manager. However, now when I try the url in the web - i do not even get the login page.Instead I get the error "Invaid Namespace". I checked the configuration and it has correct namespace.

Can get to the access manager administration and connect fine.Ticket server responds, credentials are valid.

If i try to open the upfront server administrator from the client i get an error and then the Upfront Admin process on the Unix server dies.

Any suggestions how to resolve this issue.

TIA

Which directory server have you installed in Unix? Sun One Directory server?

Have you start slapd-config51 and slapd-data51?

We have Netscape 4.1 directory server. The processes/instances (slapd2, slapd22 and admin) are all running. Could log in to the Directory server and check that the namespace name(default) is the same as that mentioned in the configuration.

Check that your Version 7 Access Manager name is the same case as in Version 6. We hit an issue because in Version 6 the namespace was Default but in Version 7 it was default, and it is case sensitive. If you installed Upfront first using the Version 6 AM, then swapped that out for Version 7, it wouldn't be able to find the correct namespace since the case is now different.

*Disclaimer: Actually ours still worked though we had frequent bugs with catalogs and IWR with regards to not finding the namespace it was installed with.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back