Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updgrading pix 515 v. 5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Has anyone upgraded a pix 515 software version 5.2 to a higher version such as 6.1? Will I need a new activation key if I follow the instructions for upgrading(copy tftp)?
Thanks.

In 2000 I did upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2 to 5.3 and in 2001 to 6.0 then 6.1 and now I wait for 6.2.
You need a new license only when upgrade from 4.x to 5.x or 6.x. And this license is free.

HI.

If you already have a DES activation key then you probably won't need a new one, but if you don't currently have DES enabled, then it is recommended to get the DES activation key (not required for basic operation but adds options like IPSec, PDM, SSH and other).

After upgrading to ver 6.x it is recommended to also install PDM .
You'll need to get it in a different file then the OS itself, and follow the instructions in Cisco web site.

Bye
Yizhar Hurwitz

Thanks guys, the upgrade worked flawlessly. Now I have to try and get pptp to work through the pix!!! Boy oh boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back