Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating while keeping a history

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlsHlpKat

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2003
US
In our HR Access Database I created a Work History SubForm which lists all status changes ie. rate, position, etc. I need a way to keep a history of changes. Right now it is just a list so when I run any reports I get all status changes listed. I need a way to reflect only the most current entry. What is the best way of doing this? I do not want to replace the existing information when updating the record.

Thanks so much!

Kat

PARAMETERS [Type the beginning date:] DateTime, [Type the ending date:] DateTime;
SELECT [Employee Performance Reviews].[CLOCK #], [Employee Performance Reviews].[Last Name], [Employee Performance Reviews].[First Name], [Employee Performance Reviews].[Job Code/Title], [Employee Performance Reviews].[Hire Date], [Employee Performance Reviews].[Review Date], [Employee Performance Reviews].[Next Review], [Employee Performance Reviews].[Department/Team], [Employee Performance Reviews].[Pay Rate]
FROM [Employee Performance Reviews]
WHERE ((([Employee Performance Reviews].[CLOCK #])<9000) AND (([Employee Performance Reviews].[Next Review]) Between [Type the beginning date:] And [Type the ending date:]))
ORDER BY [Employee Performance Reviews].[Next Review];

Try using the DMax function and use the field that represents the latest imput. This way the most current entry will only be shone.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best dividends.

by Benjamin Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back