Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

updating webbrowser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keneda88

Programmer
Oct 30, 2007
US
once again i am stuck.
i have to webbrowser that i navigate to a site useing webbrowser.navigate("siteurl")
after i save some values and other stuff i change the page by focusing on a button then using
sendkeys.sendwait((chr(13)) (the enter button)
the page then changes (i know it changes because i wrote a basic version just to see if the page was changing)
i then run through and grab some more values
however when i use the webbrowser.documnet.getelementbyid() it runs values from the orignal page i open with .navigate. It does not seem to be updating the webbrowser.documnet. Is there a way i have to update the webbrowser for the new site or is something else going wrong

I would say to use the invokemember for clicking a button, not sendkeys. Then, is the document completely loaded before you're trying to get an id on that new page?

i was able to fix the problem by throwing in a timer on the program. i want to use invokemember but i cant get it to work... there is javascript behind the button. (see my other thread)

If there is javascript you can use:

webbrowsercontrol.document.InvokeScript("scriptyouarefiring")

or

Webmycontrol.Navigate("javascript:document.links[6].click()")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back