Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating VB 6 to use Crystal 9 report control

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlevasseur

Programmer
May 19, 2000
US
I have a question regarding updating a large VB 6.0 application from Crystal 8.5 to 9. When we migrated from 8 to 8.5 I had to do a massive redesign of the user reporting front end to utilize RDC. The reports do not require the designer component, since the user only needs to view canned reports.

The question I have is what components and references need to be added in VB for reports to work, exporting to excel, pdf, word, etc.

Also when building an application install package using the packaging wizard, what dll's, etc need to be included in the package. I would like to delete and start with a new .pdm file, since trying to use the existing one, contains a lot of obsolete dll references. Should/can all references to earlier versions of Crystal be removed from project so as to not install a bunch of unnecessary dll's.

When I tried creating a new package, packaging wizard could not find unicows.dll and I could not find this file anywhere on the system drive or Crystal cd.

I would like to create as clean a package as possible. We currently are using SQL Server 2000 as database.

ALso are there any coding changes required in VB to move from 8.5 to 9. Everything apprears to run fine in design view, but when I try to install in a client PC, reports do not work.

Any help much appreciated

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back