Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating two tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

slr22

MIS
Jun 26, 2002
US
In my asp page I have two values. One value is based off the other value. These values are in two different tables. If one value changes I need the other value to change as well, however since you cannot update two tables at the same time, this is causing a problem. Is there anyway to do this through a stored procedure without attaching it to a recordset? Or do you know of a way that I can accomplish this? I don't need to view the data, I just need to update that data if the other value changes.

Thanks,
Sandy

try the forum of ur database...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

slr22,
Actually, you can change 2 tables at the same time. I don't quite understand your problem though... If you need to enforce integrity, you may want to research on SQL Relationships. Also, you might want to explore Transactions (adodb.recordset.begintrans, committrans and rollback) concepts. Generally, it depends on the design of your program. good luck :)

regards,
- Joseph
================

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back